The switch from multi-channel to Omnichannel supply chain has been necessitated today because such a supply model brings in an integrated platform for customers to have better shopping experiences. Omnichannel systems provide numerous benefits to customers and businesses.
Benefits for customers and businesses
- Customers enjoy greater flexibility to shop from any channel and can choose to have products ordered delivered to their address from multiple channels or can also alternatively pick up the products themselves from the stores.
- Brands can now offer enhanced and customized shopping experiences to fulfill user expectations. It helps the supply chain work in a proactive manner where inventory stocking and usage can be forecasted with more accuracy.
- Buyers can now experience a streamlined shopping experience as the system offers visibility of the inventory in real-time. This helps in optimized management of the inventory which in turn impacts spoilage, and losses.
- Retail brands can have the best time because, with the Omnichannel model, more customers move into the brick-and-mortar stores after being informed of products and services online. This gives retailers the opportunity to serve and work with more customers than they would have normally got into their stores.
- With efficiency being optimized throughout Omnichannel systems, buyers invariably benefit in terms of savings and can take advantage of better product pricing.
When organizations plan to move out of their existing multi-channel strategy and embrace the Omnichannel model, they should ensure that their Go to market strategy is worked out well. The strategy outlines the plan while focussing on market research, audience profiling, and understanding how the brand can address the gray areas in their customer service context.
Brands must seek consultation from people who are experts, who have been there and seen it all. Logistic consulting companies offer a way forward after a thorough understanding of existing frameworks and issues.